Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Portland Strip Club Follow-Up

A week ago I posted a bit about Mary's Club, Portland's first strip club. The post had more to do with a photograph I took of the outside, and a bit of history of the place behind the neon. Many people seemed to take notice, and while Portland still seems to lack a blog dedicated to Gentleman's Clubs (though believe me the thought of a new book/blog dedicated to this subject has been passed around amongst my friends with a great deal of enthusiasm), I wanted to give credit to others (thanks to BarFlyMag.com) who have posted on this matter in the past... it isn't history, but merely some good pointers for those who have never been.

Work still continues on my new book, and to my good fortune there is much available to research... I fear that uncovering the history behind the plethora of Portland's Gentleman's Clubs might prove much more daunting.

But if someone knows otherwise, let me know. I know my friends would buy that book...
Add to Technorati Favorites

3 comments:

Jmartens said...

The research would be tough, but someone's gotta do it!

Anonymous said...

It is tough research, but I'll get there. One step at a time.

Mike said...

I am from the Portland Area and have put together a complete list and map of Portland Strip Clubs if anyone is interested.

stripclubmap.com