Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Burning Bush of Eastern Oregon


A few days ago I posted a picture from the Oregon Coast. This evening I thought I would display a photo taken from a trip a while back to The Steens in southeastern Oregon. While I shot this with a small Canon P&S, 11 wild horses stood 50 yards behind me. I am sure they were critiquing as well.

We stayed at the hotel in Frenchglen. A small outpost about 30 minutes from the Steens mountains. I have lived in Oregon almost my entire life, and yet it took me 30 years to make it to the far desert of Oregon. It is a quiet and serene place, and I recommend everyone go there at least once.
Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi

I came across your blog, and it seems that you care about Oregon's natural spaces, like the Steens Mountains.

I am not sure if you are familiar with the land use Measures recently on the ballot in Oregon, and how Measure 37 has opened up the possibility of development on Steens Mountain.

I am working on Measure 49, a Measure on the ballot Nov 6, 2007. Measure 49 fixes a lot of the problems with Measure 37, and would stop outrageous development claims for places like Steens.

As part of the campaign, we are seeking bloggers who will help us promote Measure 49. If you would be willing to help, please email me at yeson49@gmail.com

You can learn more about Measure 49 here:
http://del.icio.us/search/?fr=del_icio_us&p=measure+49&type=all